Thursday, 2 May 2013

Adding passengers to a Hornby class 153

Well it has been quite a while since i last did anything modelling wise as i have recently only been posting thoughts of products and what i have to say about things.

But anyway now thats out the way lets kick off what i have install for you lovely people today :P

Hornbys 153 is an excellent model. This example i own is in Arriva livery (and its a smart livery at that) Northern Rails didn't do it for me, East Midlands Trains was okay but i have never seen a 153 in said livery, Central Trains was okay and London Midlands is just lacking something. And as for the new Greater Anglia one to be released this year is seriously lacking colour and looks unfinished in my opinion.

But thankfully i don't have the course or need to buy another 153 as im more than happy with the one i have. And besides when i went to Wales last year one of the two models i bought back was this 153 aswell as an Arriva class 158.

Now they may not be to everyones taste but i do quite lick them as they are an interesting unit in real life and in model form.

Anyways back to the reason why we are here. As i have heard people said these were nearly impossible to remove body wise but i found it more or less easy all i had to do was unclip the body using my fingernails and remove one of the bogie covers as seen in the photo and then just maneuver it away from the chassis.

Previously i heard on the tinterweb about using two small pieces of card to help remove the body but i didn't need to even do that but that might not be the case with ever 153 though!

If you watched my recent how to vid on adding passengers you will know i had a few left and so i used these left over peoples for what i wanted to do.

First i added a driver to the cab i know he doesn't have blue overalls but does it really matter. Nope not to me anyway and if you don't like this choice thats tough cookie.

Then i added the passengers themselves being both male and of course female ;) (i love women i do)

Heres a better shot of the passengers =)

And heres the bogie in which i removed the cover from

I then fixed the bodyshell back onto the chassis

Sorry for not best quality but try and spot the driver.

and try and see if you can see the passengers (just look at the detail on the no smoking signs and the rivets)

so that pretty much sums up to what i have for you today folks
until next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment